Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lin officially introduced as a Laker & sends message to fans



2





Kupchak: We've been after JLin for awhile; 3rd time is the charm.
Kupchak: We put waiver claim on JLin 3 years ago. Awarded to Houston




Jeremy Lin:

"I'm really excited to be a part of this organization"

"I'm seeing it is a new start. Good to be back in California"

"Up and down year for me. I've learned and grown as Christian, bball player in last 2 years"

"I'm more complete player than was when began in Houston"

"That's a question for the coach" (likely asked if he wants to start)

"I've learned not about who starts, it's about who finishes and how you play when on the court"

"I believe I can start for an NBA team and help a team win"

"I got asked 500 questions in Asia" about Knicks/Lakers game

"I had no idea trade to Lakers was coming. Was stunned when got call"

"Will be great" to play with Kobe. Will learn a lot from him. I'm excited to learn from him.

"I want to learn how Kobe approaches the season, workouts."

"We've exchanged text messages" (with Kobe)



Kobe's message to Jeremy Lin: "We have a lot of work to do."

"And I think that is 100% accurate"

"If we approach it like we have a lot of work to do, think we will be ok" (team has a lot of workers on it)

"I thought it was a good time to go back to it" (#17)

"My Twitter summed up my thoughts" (JerseyGate)

"I thought they could have kept it internal" (JerseyGate)

"I was not outraged by it" (JerseyGate)

"I wanted to stay a starter after New York"

"Learned in last year, just have to play my style starter or not...will be on court when it counts"



Lin describing Lakers brand in Asia: "It’s huge. Well first Kobe is an idol in Asia.”

"In Asia, in a day after trade, crowds went from red Rockets to yellow Lakers"

"I noticed people in Asia already had Lakers gear"

"I've been in the spotlight. Been in bigger spotlight (NY), smaller spotlight (HOU)"

"Now more than ever have learned to play for God and ignore things on the outside"



"I thought if I got to play with Steve Nash or Jason Kidd, I would be extremely excited"

"I look forward to learning quite a few things from Steve Nash"

"Steve Nash is at top of the list of players who got the most out of their ability"

"Nash's footwork and use of angles is amazing"

"My approach should never change. I'm in attack mode all the time. That's how I play"

"I would love to play on the court with Steve Nash at same time"

"Harden words not affect me at all. I agree with his remarks. I know James as a person"

"James did not mean his remarks in a condescending way"

"I'm not trying to recreate Linsanity. Just want to be myself, more than ever"

"My brand of basketball is attacking, playmaking on the go"

"My style is 0 to 100, but trying to be able to slow down. Still attack, but be under control"

"I have been working this summer on my floater"

"so can play with change of pace, not have to force issue"

Lin asked to say something in Chinese: “I’ve said so much Chinese in the last 3 weeks so I can definitely do that.”

"I am grateful for the support of the Asian community. They stand by me through ups and downs"


"I’m not trying to recreate a Linsanity. I’m not trying to be that phenomenon that happened in New York."

 "I want to be a bigger, much better player than before"

"I feel less pressure now than before"

Jeremy Lin
"First preseason game is Oct 9"

"I did not try to emulate Kobe (growing up), because his skill set is much different than mine"

"I do try to emulate @SteveNash playing...I knew Steve from before"

"I don't think people fully understand how much of a mental game professional sports is"

“Anybody who wins as much as he does has a mental edge over everybody else.”

"My trainer and I have our own goals...we have set of goals we're trying to achieve"

Full Press Conference videos





Source: 
Press conference coverage @CNM_JLin_Vids & @SerenaWintersPhotos & Video: Dailynews Lakernation Lakers official website LATimes

No comments:

Post a Comment