Friday, July 18, 2014

On Jerseygate and Rockets Organization: "They could have valued me some more"


Jeremy was't that angry, but actually thought Rockets organization could have valued him some more.

"When ROX used my number, I wasn't particularly angry"

"My parents taught me since young that God loves me very much."

" Dont have to worry if other are not nice to me, but they could have valued me some more"
 Says Lin about the whole Jersey ordeal

About Jserseygate:
Lin's former team, Houston Rockets, had put up billboards and posters of Melo. This is before Lin was even trade to the Lakers. Rockets marketing photoshopped Melo wearing Lin's number 7 Jersey in an attempt to lure the superstar over to Houston. ESPN also reports

View image on Twitter

Lin tweeted the following the incident:
"Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them"
@EmodMarco im entitled to standup for myself/say i felt disrespected as i did thru tweet but point is love unconditionally/as jesus loved me
Rockets front office quickly responded saying they had informed Lin about using his number in the pitch to Melo, but Lin's agent later claimed that Rockets never actually reached out to them about it. Lin did not know about it until he saw it.

Then Rockets general manager claims that it's Melo who wants the number.

Embedded image permalink
Rockets could have simply used a similar image when D12 was in town for his pitch, and avoided it all.

On a separate interview, Lin was asked if he was hurt that Rockets wanted to get rid of him for Melo.

"I wasn't hurt particularly. I think they did not particularly value me. I wasn't very angry. I didn't lose sleep or anything like that. "

"After I heard it, I just said OK" Says Lin

 When asked 2 compare Kobe, Melo, & Harden about the difference between the 3 super stars

"I dont know about Kobe yet because I haven't played with him, but he does have 5 rings"

"Melo and Harden are still young. So I can't compare."
"Maybe in 5-10 years it'll be different" says Lin

"All 3 are super stars. But I heard Kobe wants to win the most."
" I really look forward working with him!" says Lin

Interview took place in Jeremy Lin's AsiaTour summer of 2014
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment